Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

Speaking of leaps, this cracked me up...

A US News and World Report published The Best Jobs of 2012. My job is ranked #16. (Yay?). This is my favorite part of the article and really does best describe my job...
___________________________________________________________________________
What is a Meeting, Convention, and Event Planner Job Like?
"For 51 weeks, [event planning is] like building a bungee-jump tower out of toothpicks. Tedious and demanding," says Shea. "On week 52, you climb to the top and tie the bungee to your ankle and hope everything holds. Then you dust yourself off and start all over again."
___________________________________________________________________________

Yup, accurate description. With the exception of the number of weeks - it varies. For me, sometimes I build my tower in 2 weeks and jump on week 3. Those are the worst kinds of towers :)

No comments: