Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Vacay, Staycay.

People still call them stay-cations, right? Well vacay, stay-cay, I had an almost perfect day. Why almost perfect? Because for some reason I decided to start my day by taking a cardio bootcamp class this afternoon. OMFG. I'm still  in pain. I am not cut for squats and lunges and dips and planks and whatever else this crazy sadist had in mind. Ok, he's not crazy or a sadist. The instructor was actually really nice and helpful, but this is clearly not meant for a beginner like me. I am a lazy ass bum who rather do Zumba or run the treadmill. But I don't do that either. I sit on my ass :)  Anyway, even though I can barely climb stairs or bend, I can laugh at myself and the situation. And I'm proud that I even attempted it. 


So minus that hiccup, the rest of Day 1 of vacation, was rather pleasant. I only had a few other things I wanted to do today: head home to SI, get a pedi, get rainbow cookies, and go to the Christmas Tree Shop. Check, check, check and check. It's little and simple things that make me happy.


top left: me post cardio bootcamp || top right: tough choices in life
bottom left and right: Sister as squid (or calamari as she says) and a seahorse.

One of many reasons I will always love Staten Island...

No comments: