Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Love is Everywhere.

I'm a sucker for all thing hearts. I can spot leaves shaped like a heart. Clouds. Bubbles. Whatever, you get the picture. One may find it endearing, others may find it annoying. To those of you who find it annoying, I say you need more love in your life :)

Imagine my delight this morning when I saw this chalk art of hearts (rhymes!) in front of the entrance to Starbucks!


That put a smile on my face. And then walking back to the train, I saw that someone wrote out "love" on top of the stairs but because I was extremely late, I didn't stop to take a picture. I was glad it was still there when I came home. Clearly, someone was trying to spread the love.


And while we're on the subject of love, and this is the blog of randomness, let me tell you some of the things I've been in love with lately.

1 - I love the camera on my iPhone. I love that it has helped me keep some discipline in maintaining this blog. I also love the quality of pictures it allows me to take.

2 - I love Instagram. I profess myself in Insta-whore. I will stop and snap pictures anywhere it seems. I love that my iPhone and Instagram have brought out the creative in me.

3 - Not iPhone related...though it's getting chillier sooner than I would want, I do love putting on sweatpants and a fleece top. It's my fall and winter uniform when I'm not in work. I love the feeling of coziness against my skin. (That sounded weird.)

4 - Back to iPhone related love...I love that I don't have to carry my Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks gift cards. EVER. Why? Because it's loaded onto my phone!! It so fascinates me how I can pay my iced coffee addiction over my phone. Lost the card? No problem. Left it at home? No big deal. I never leave the apartment without my phone therefore my handy dandy apps are always with me.

5 - You know what else I don't have to worry about forgetting or losing? My library card!! Today, when I stepped out for lunch, I left my keys at my desk. I didn't fret too much. I know they can just look it up with my ID. But turns out better yet, that as long as you take your handy dandy (yes, I like saying that) phone with you, you can use the NYPL app to take out the books. Your library card is saved in the app so you just have to show them the barcode. Genius!! God, how I love the library.

6 - And speaking of my love for the library, I love the loot I was able to check out today.


I love taking out magazines from the library.
Since I only subscribe to one magazine now, there is less clutter of old and current copies of other magazines.

No comments: