Friday, April 20, 2012

Sock Bun & Peplum

The title of this post sounds bizarre, don't you think? Nope, it's not the name of some fancy shmancy boutique, or  obscure band, or under the radar restaurant restaurant.  "Sock bun" sounds weird and funny. And "peplum" sounds like a made-up word. And yet, I've titled my post as such. Why? Keep reading friends...

Today we experimented in fashion. After approaching a total stranger on the street yesterday and complimenting her on her shirt, I found myself hours later in an H&M (aka HAM) scouring the same top. Yup, a peplum top. Except mine is a pretty pale pink. Then, refusing to fall asleep at 10pm, I took the plunge. The sock bun plunge that is. I kept seeing it on Pinterest lately but never paid much attention to it. Until last night. I figured, how hard could it be? Well, for this hair troubled girl, it was not hard at all! So today, I'm rocking a sock bun & peplum shirt. And a statement necklace. But that didn't sound funny enough to my post and that is why it's not up there.






No comments: