Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yum Yum in My Tum Tum.

Spinach & turkey lasagna roll-ups (yes, again).

 
Baby spinach & turkey frittatas.


I just spent endless amount of hours in the kitchen cooking which of course led to washing dishes about a bajillion times. But, yay, I have an assortment food that includes the above pictures. I also wanted to make a mango/strawberry salad but I am tired of being in the kitchen and I am more tired of washing dishes (have I mentioned I hate doing dishes?). 

So yeah, lasagna again (eventually I'll post the recipe) but for some reason, 3rd time was not a charm. I've made this twice before and both times I found it surprisingly delicious. This time, something was off. I'm convinced it was the pasta. I used boring old ShopRite pasta because nothing else was on sale. No way was I paying full price for my beloved Barilla. (Yes, I'm that cheap. It has to at least be on sale if I don't have coupon.)

Then I've been wanting to make baby frittatas. (Sidenote: the word frittata makes me giggle. Especially when you pronounce it slowly, like fri-ta-TA.; double sidenote: I don't want to call them mini frittatas. I prefer baby frittatas.) Anyway, I was going to make them with zucchini and asparagus but by the time I got to making these, I wasn't in the mood to chop up more vegetables. (Remember, more kitchen work = more dishes for me to wash. No bueno.) And then the lightbulb went off! I'll just use the leftover ground turkey and spinach from my lasagna! Ta-da, and a miracle was born! Ok, not a miracle, but yumminess was made a lot faster. So that's that. But I need to work on the non-stick factor. As much as I sprayed my mini muffin pans, they still did not pop out easily. In fact, all the bottoms were stuck on the pan. Good thing you can't tell in my photos :)

No comments: