Monday, August 20, 2012

This City Is My City.

If I could have a soundtrack to this weekend, this song would definitely be on it:

"This city is my city
And I love it, yeah I love it
I was born and raised here
I got it made here
And if I have my way, I'm gonna stay"

Yup, this Patrick Stump song is the jam. ;)  And why is this city, my city? Cuz check it:


And a few of the ones that didn't make it onto Instagram:

What's not to love about Summer Streets?!
top 3 horizontal pics: Free Masala Bhangra class @ Astor Place Rest Stop by Crunch Fitness
top left: People walked, ran, cycled, rollerbladed, skateboarded...and jumped? Those things look like fun.
top right: a human hamster wheel @ SoHo Rest Stop courtesy of Merrell
bottom left: "Cyclists to your left! Pedestrians to your right!"
bottom right: a rock climbing wall  (almost as tall as an apt building!) @ SoHo Rest Stop courtesy of REI

What started off as a rainy Saturday, turned out to be a glorious summer day in the city! I'm so glad I was able to see Summer Streets and spend literally 8 hours, walking around. Sure, I walked around SoHo and NoLita over and over again, but it was a great day of exploration, adventure, and laughs with a dear friend. There's always something new to be seen in the Big Apple! (Check out my Instragram @heart_of_luv for proof.)

And I end this post with a little more video that made me smile:

(This last one makes me laugh because the street was noisy of only bicycle bells and people's chatter...and then they came through...)

No comments: