Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mission Impossible.

Yesterday's mission: To find fantastic bargains. Specifically, to find fantastic bargains in size xs or s.
Location of hunt: Within the never-ending boxes located at The Limited Sample Sale.
Reason: Because everything was 5 bucks. AND because I am crazy.

I love a good hunt, especially when a bargain is involved. The Limited Sample Sale is not for the faint or weary. I have been twice before so I consider myself experienced. I knew this time to inspect clothing more carefully as the clothes really are samples - damages, tears, you name it. (Yet somehow, I still purchased a defected dress. But one of out 29 is not bad. And yes, I said 29.) I also knew I would likely spend a lot of time hunting, so I carried a small light purse (and packed a bigger bag in it so that I had something sturdy to haul my purchases back home) and dressed in a maxi dress so I could slip things over and under me. With yesterday's (and today's) sale being touted at their biggest one yet, this was a challenge I was willing to take on.

The scene about 2 hours after it opened (and roughly an hour after my arrival when I deemed I needed to re-assess the mission.)

Just a small pile of my purchases strewn on my bed.

Some of my favorite finds: a white tie-front blouse (I had been holding out on purchasing a cheap one at Forever 21 because I never really liked the cut on any), a fun polka dot t-shirt, a chunky knit sweater, and a loose purple tunic.


There are definitely more finds to me photographed (about 20 something more) but since most are wrinkly, they are not photo worthy at the moment. Mission impossible? I think not. More like mission accomplished.
________________________________________________________________________________
And just because I'm supposed to be posting daily photos, here is one from today that for some reason, I really like.


(Old empty store front in the process of demolition.)

No comments: