Monday, September 17, 2012

PSA: Register to Vote!!

Confession: I haven't been registered to vote in 4 years.
Some will say tsk tsk, but I only vote in the Presidential election. Well, not true. I also voted during mayoral elections for NYC but since I'm no longer a resident of the lovely state of New York and don't follow my local [JC] politics, last I pulled the lever was for the last Presidential election. I actually shouldn't have voted in NY, but since it was shortly after my move, I was still registered there and figured that was easier than trying to register in a new state. (That and I still wasn't convinced I would be a NJ resident for long.)

With the next major election in a few months, I finally decided to get moving and look into voting. Naturally, NY revoked my rights and when I checked the system, I clearly wasn't registered to vote in NJ either. Well, I have to swallow my pride and accept that I am a NJ resident. (Eek. Gross. I rather tell the world I am from Staten Island then New Jersey, but I digress.) And so, while sitting here perusing the internet and reading UsWeekly online, I came across GOTTAVOTE. (Funny, it automatically directed me to the NY page.) And  so I took that as a sign to stop procrastinating my 'research' and just register. And I have. So people, this is your public service announcement: REGISTER TO VOTE if you haven't already.

(Thank you UsWeekly for featuring fun facts for Mrs. Obama, or else it would have taken me another week or more to register.)

No comments: