Monday, September 17, 2012

Silly Squirrel.

WARNING: If your name is Sister, do not read the following post. (I am trying to save you from screaming like a banshee.)

I don't mind squirrels. I don't think they're cute but I do find them rather funny and sometimes smart. Except for this afternoon. This particular squirrel was funny yet really stupid.


For about an hour off and on, I witnessed this poor and scared squirrel try to figure out how to get back to the tree or just get off the building. My empathy for said scared squirrel lasted 5 min. Then I just considered him dumb. Why couldn't he just use the thick wire to go back to the tree?! Why did he have to smack into my window constantly?! Dumb squirrel, there's a ledge. And another ledge after that. 


Yes dumb squirrel, I am photographing you as you slide down the wires fireman style. I took your picture after watching you frantically figure out how to get off my ledge. That is after you tried to scale my window. Dummy.


And just when I thought you finally figured it out, I heard yet another loud thump at my window. You came back and again tried to scale the window like you're Spiderman. Well, dumbass, you're a squirrel. I gave up watching you after this (and after I talked aloud for you to scoot away from my window like a Peeping Tom and stop being so clueless). Of course, minutes later I heard the loudest thump ever, saw you scramble much higher up my window than previous times and then suddenly fall backwards like you just got electrocuted. For your sake, I hope that shock threw you to the sidewalk where you could be free.

Thank you, dumb squirrel, for entertaining me this afternoon.

No comments: