Sunday, January 8, 2012

not your typical week

First, a couple of things you should know.
  1. I am not good at this taking pictures for a week thing. Even with an iPhone. Perhaps it's because I have to slide my phone in and out of it's case. I love my pretty MK case, but the fact I need to take it out all the time just to take a photo is a pain. I swear I want to cut a whole in the back but that's a story for another time. I digress...
  2. I love lists. I'm sure you'll see a picture (or 70) on this blog. That's how much I love them. I mean can't you tell already?
  3. The following pictures are not from a typical week of my life. It was the week from Xmas Day to NYE. reasons why it was atypical...
    • (haha, more lists)...I didn't have work for that week. No work = no routine.
    • I spent a part of my week off in DC/MD.
    • I intended to take pictures every day for aforementioned week, but I kinda stunk at it so consider that a trial run.
Day 1: Sunday, Dec 25 (aka Christmas Day):
Went to Church, came back and changed into pj's, ate, napped, ate, napped, & napped some more. Quite frankly, pictures of Home Alone, Santa Clause 2 & 3, and whatever movies we watched would be boring. Plus, I didn't have much energy (besides sleeping and napping) to do this:

Seriously, best Christmas Day gift of the year. I play my aunt all the time and she continually kicks my ass. And it makes me mad. I had never beat her until that day. And then I never beat her again, lol.

Day 2: Monday, Dec 26: 
Best time of the year...post-holiday Target sales.

Day 3: Tuesday, Dec 27
My Siri is dumb. And I like to remind her each and every time she doesn't her me properly. Yet, I find her stupidity amusing. I'm pretty sure I told her "Remind me to give Casey - cd's, vases, and things for pedicure". Yup, she's a bright one.

Day 4: Wednesday, Dec 28
While someone was at work, I hid from the cold and did more of this...

Day 5: Thursday, Dec 29

My favorite place in DC.

Day 6: Friday, Dec 30

Mini road-trip to Annapolis in a fun Fiat. Highlight of my trip though...my Pantene purchase at CVS. Yes, it's a week later and I'm still proud of myself.

 Day 7: Saturday, Dec 31 (aka New Year's Eve)

Day time visit to the Naval Academy campus. No Marines in uniform though. Sadsies.

Also, it was unseasonably warm again that day and I saw this...
Poor flowers. They're so confused.

Then there was afternoon tea! (Not to be confused with high tea. Totes different -yes, I said totes even though I think 
it's stupid- different concept.)

And then...it was NYE afterall...fireworks! Ok full disclosure...these were the fireworks at 730pm. Yes, PM. At midnight, I was(1) busy wondering if the policeman that Jenny McCarthy kissed was married and if he was, was his significant other mad and (2) secretly hoping people wouldn't text me anymore so that I could be asleep by 1230. Which I was :)

PS - It took me almost 3 hours to get this post up. WTF?! There has got to be an easier and faster way to post these pictures to my pee-log. Clearly I am a beginner blogger.

No comments: